Author Topic: Scam alert greece  (Read 427 times)

Offline fly4560

• Professional Contract Pilot
Scam alert greece
« on: January 12, 2016, 10:45:52 AM »
   Be aware that there is a new scam out there that seems to be targeting contractors.
   I was recently contacted for a contract out of Greece through a VERY LARGE, and reputable aircraft broker who was trying to "help out" a client. This client knows all the industry language, and conned me into going to Greece for a nonexistent trip. The end game in the scam is that they will try and get you to exchange currency for them at the last second before travel commences so they can roll you upon arrival. They will provide you with a wire confirmation that is fake and offer above industry rates for compensation to entice you to take the contract
   While I did not carry or exchange any money for them, upon arrival with no cash on hand, the 'client' will just take off and leave you high and dry in a foreign country with plenty of expenses for getting there and back with no chance of recovering those expenses.
   The aircraft broker had no idea that the client(new client 30 days prior) was scamming them or myself and to this day can't believe they were taken as well.
   Feel free to contact me if you have any questions

Alan Bartlett
alan@abaviationllc.com

Offline Madam Captain

• Administrator
Re: Scam alert greece
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2016, 09:42:15 PM »
Thanks for sharing this Alan!